It’s December, the nights are darker much earlier and the weather has turned much colder already. That’s right, winter is here, and before we know it Christmas will be upon us.
Nothing speaks more of the holiday season than curling up by the fire snuggled beneath blankets with your fingers wrapped around a mug of hot cocoa. But why not incorporate some CBD into your hot chocolate for an added boost of health? Yep, you heard us right – CBD hot chocolate. It’s a dream come true!
Read on to find out more about our amazing mint hot chocolate recipe…
WHY TAKE CBD?
It seems that CBD is the latest health craze, but this is a trend we don’t really see passing in a hurry. CBD is here to stay, and for good reason.
Cannabidiol, more commonly referred to simply as CBD, is one of the active compounds from the Cannabis sativa plant. It is non-psychoactive, unlike other cannabinoids like THC, and it apparently has some pretty great health benefits. Many people take CBD to relieve themselves of symptoms of different disorders, ranging from depression to chronic pain.
But even if you’re not suffering from any ailment in particular, CBD could be a good addition to your winter diet. CBD works by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in the body, which plays a pivotal role in regulating the immune system. During the winter time, when infections are rife, it’s all the more important to keep your immune system in check.
According to the CDC, between 12,000 and 56,000 people die from influenzas every year. It’s possible to get a flu shot to protect yourself, but you might also be able to support your immune system by taking CBD oil, which, by the way, is safe and well-tolerated by pretty much everybody.
Taking CBD every day to protect your immune system sounds easy enough, but a lot of people find the taste quite off-putting. Luckily, we have developed a tasty mint option for those who would prefer to avoid the earthy taste of CBD, and that’s exactly what we use in our holiday hot chocolate.
CHAMP PEPPERMINT CBD OIL
You might be wondering why we chose peppermint for our CBD. Peppermint comes from the M. peperita plant, and it can reduce vomiting and nausea, help in weight loss, relieve mental stress, reduce bloating, and prevent abdominal pains. Add in the benefits of CBD, et voila! A tasty and healthy supplement that’s perfect for the holidays.
The 30ml bottle contains 40 servings of CBD, with one serving being ½ a dropper. The whole bottle contains 500 mg of CBD.
This product is made from organic, non-GMO hemp, grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, solvents or chemical fertilizers. It is lab-tested to ensure quality and prove that each bottle contains less than 0.02% THC, meaning it is completely non-psychoactive.
Now that we’ve convinced you, let’s check out this delicious mint hot chocolate recipe.
MINT CBD HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
- 1 cup unsweetened milk (can use almond milk or other varieties)
- 4 squares dark chocolate (approximately 1.28 oz)
- ½ tsp sugar (or another sweetener like stevia)
- Peppermint candy (such as a candy cane)
- CHAMP Peppermint CBD Oil
- Peppermint oil (optional)
- Marshmallows and whipped cream (optional)
- Break up the chocolate into a sauce pan and warm over a low heat.
- As the chocolate begins to melt, slowly stir in the milk. When the mixture begins to blend well, add in the sweetener and stir it in until dissolved.
- Pour hot chocolate mixture into your favorite mug.
- Add in the CHAMP Peppermint CBD Oil (tailored to your regular dose) and stir.
- For stronger mint flavor, use a toothpick dipped in peppermint oil to stir your hot chocolate.
- Stir again with a candy cane and leave in to garnish. Add whipped cream and marshmallows as desired.
- Serve immediately.
This is a recipe that will definitely impress your friends at any holiday gathering, but is also perfect for a cozy night in as it snows outside.